I'd like to build a custom keymap for Gnome that is a combination of the
'US English' layout and some of the 'Spain' layout - anyone know how I'd
do that?

Reason - I'm in Spanish speaking country at the moment therefore I'm
always flipping between English & Spanish layouts, which is a pain. Also
the 'Spain' layout scrambles all the punctuation characters so I can
never find them.

What I'd like to have is the 'US English' layout with only two
additions:

* Ctrl-Shift-; produces ñ
* ' followed by a vowel (or if easier, a letter) produces an accented
character eg á é í ó ú, but ' followed by ' produces ' and not ´

I know about the other English variants like International and Dead
Keys, but they don´t do exactly what I want :-)

Thanks for any pointers,

--
Sonia Hamilton
blog: http://SoniaHamilton.wordpress.com