Rick Welykochy wrote:

> Postscript is plain text (ASCII) containing Postscript
> program code and data.

That was my first thought too. Unfortunately it simply doesn't
work as expected. If I replace 'tag1' in the original with
'Erik' I get a blank where the 'tag1' used to be. Here are some
more data points:

    tag11     ->     tag1
    tag111    ->     tag11
    tag11111  ->     tag1111
    tag123    ->     tag1

I think the problem is that the Postscript is out of adobe acrobat
converted from a PDF original. The designer guy who is doing the
conversion is already disabled embedded fonts but that only solves
some of the problems.

Erik