Barracuda who bundle clamav with their smtp gateway are being sued by Trend
and are asking for assistance to OSS in regards to prior art.
See:
http://searchsecurity.techtarget.com/news/article/0,289142,sid14_gci1296559,00.html?track=sy160&asrc=RSS_RSS-10_160

So basically Barracuda are being sued for integrating ClamAV into their smtp
gateway to do av, something Trend spuriously Patented in 1995. This
hopefully imposes (and I'd say it does) on prior art. Someone in the OSS
community must have been doing smtp/ftp gateway av scanning pre-1995,
surely. So thats what this is all about, a call to action.

Now I am not from Barracuda, but I have used them and they are pretty good,
I have also used trend... and it is pretty bad. I am sure NetboxBlue does
this as well and surely there is some prior art there too...

Regards Morgan.