This one time, at band camp, Adrian Chadd wrote:

> ideally you want your data security right down to the individual syscall
> level.
> Various products like what Cisco offer let you specify what access to what
> data various applications have, but i don't know how useful it is protecting
> people from copy/pasting data around. I know at least the "secure" versions
> of IRIX and Digital UNIX were doing useful things like tagging individual IPC
> data with security ACLs, preventing you from copy/pasting between high->low
> security contexts. That was fun to work inside. :)

But the nice security vendor man installed a box on our network and gave
me a certificate that promised we were secure!

--
Rev Simon Rumble <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
www.rumble.net

The Tourist Engineer
Just because you're on holiday, doesn't mean you're not a geek.
http://engineer.openguides.org/

 "If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it,
  he is obligated to do so."
- Thomas Jefferson