Hi all,

You might have noticed that we now have a new video camera to record SLUG
talks. The old one died a gracious death and we took advantage of the latest
offerings of JVC hard disk recorders. The camera that we got is a really
nice one and it's fun to record with. It's inbuilt microphone is also
amazingly good.

During the last year, Scott Wallers has been our reliable camera man and
transcoding person, often carrying DVD recoders and DV tapes and all sorts
of stuff around. I'd like to thank him very much for all his work and am
happy that he has volunteered to continue doing camera work where it's
possible for him. However, he will need a reliable backup person, with whom
he can exchange the camera & tripod should he not be able to attend a SLUG
meeting.

We are therefore looking for a person who would be available to partner with
Scott on taking up the video recording task. If you are a regular at the
Friday night SLUG meetings and can hold a camera, you qualify. :-)

>From the committee's point of view, the video team will be formed as a
sub-committee and should have close contacts with the committee so that it
can ask for support where needed (financial, servers to upload to, passwords
for access etc.).

Please shoot me an email if you are interested and I'll put you in contact
with Scott so you can organise yourselves.

Cheers,
Silvia.
--
Vice President SLUG