Hi all,

Now, I know I've asked a similar questions, but I thought that I'd ask again with what may be a clearer request :)))))
For example:

I have a collection of images labelled -

a_0001.jpeg through to A0999.jpeg
b_0001.jpeg through to A0999.jpeg
c_0001.jpeg through to A0999.jpeg
d_0001.jpeg through to A0999.jpeg

I want to merge them as follows:

montage -geometry +4+4 a_0001.jpeg b_0001.jpeg c_0001.jpeg d_0001.jpeg montage00001.jpeg

the output file is montage<number>.jpeg and needs to be a sequentially increasing number.

Is there a command that will allow me to do this automatically without having to individually enter each file name and output name?

I realise this is a little weird and no doubt unusual, but, as usual, any assistance or direction would be most appreciated.

Regards,

Patrick

--
Registered GNU/Linux User 368634