For those who don't know, Action Monkey [2] is the new JavaScript runtime
for Mozilla. It is an amalgamation of the existing SpiderMonkey JavaScript
runtime [3] and Adobe's Tamarin ECMA script Virtual Machine [4].

What this basically all means for users is that the first time you visit a
JavaScript heavy website, that code gets compiled down and cached so that
every time you visit the same page the load and execution of that page is a
_lot_ faster.

Its seriously cool shit.

Cool! I misunderstood the Adobe/Mozilla announcement and thought that the Tamarin project was going to provide Mozilla browsers with Adobe Flash support from its core. Presented on a FSF friendly license.

I like the sound of this, increasing the speed of JS is good news. Older systems I find struggle with Ajax heavy sites.

As the builds are label with a Firefox 4.0, is this the obvious target release of Action Monkey?

--
Simon Males

email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]