Chris Allen wrote:
I am using Open Office om Ubuntu LTS and cannot get spell checker to
work.  It works alright in Evolution's emailing but refuses to do
anything in OO.

I've looked at all the options I can think of.  From what I can see
everything is set correctly.  I don't work a lot with OO.  I presume
there is some place I don't know about that will turn it on.

Can any one advise?

Hi,

have you tried to run the included wizard to install other dictionaries?
You can find the wizzard at File>Wizzard>Install new Dict...

I am not sure about how this is handeled in Ubuntu, but in windows (earlier) it worked for me. Haven't used it with Ubuntu though.

Cheers sebastian