Quoting Robert Collins <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

On Fri, 2008-03-14 at 12:13 +1100, Martin Visser wrote:
Just a reminder if you want to help out at the 'Gong Uni installfest
we could still do with a 2 or 3 more volunteers to help assist
tomorrow

I am told that XP now has some additional checks internally
which make it a lot harder to run dual boot windows/linux;
especially on notebooks.

As I understand it, there is some extra information that
needs to be adjusted on a partition and this requires a
program such as provided by acronis.

Are there any viable alternatives within FOSS ?

My friends in germany all say go buy the windows tool..

are they right ? or is there another way ?