On 01/04/2008, at 8:53 AM, Deepan wrote:

Hi All,
I am wondering if anyone has managed to install
linux on iphone? I am aware of ipodlinux, for
ipod. Not sure if someone has hacked into iphone.
Openmoko is a nice alternative though.

Hi Deepan,

I can't possibly understand why you'd want to run Linux on an iPhone. The reason why one buys an iPhone is for the UI, not the device; there's better options out there if you're wanting to run Linux (no removable storage, for one).

Even on Windows Mobile devices that have supported Linux for a very long time, and on the tiny few that actually have phone functionality, I'm not aware of any decent, well implemented open source dialer/phone suites. i.e. say goodbye to actually using it as an actual phone!

If you want an open source, Linux based phone, the Openmoko or Android projects, in theory, should be eventuating into commercial products shortly.

Cheers,