On Wed, 2 Apr 2008 06:26:18 +0530, "Deepan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
said:
> Hi All,
> I deleted my windows partition using live CD. Now

Always a positive move :-)

> my machine won't boot into linux. It stops at the
> grub prompt with the error operating system not
> found. How do I reinstall grub using live CD? Or
> should I boot into my linux operating system with
> root, kernel and initrd option in grub and then
> install grub ?

Boot into live cd, check /boot partition is mounted (usually /boot is
under / ie check / is mounted).

chroot the / partition, and run grub-install - check man grub-install
for options

Google for more examples - I've probably missed something...

Thanks,

--
Sonia Hamilton.