Tony> Hi Slug, Does anyone know how I would force a process into the
Tony> Real Time scheduling class in Linux? chrt seems to modify RT
Tony> parameters once the process is in the RT class, but I can't seem
Tony> to find how to put one in there outside of it being explicitly
Tony> set within code, which is not an option in this case.

Call setscheduler() from within the process, or make a small wrapper
that calls setscheduler() then execs the real program.    Beware, a
real-time process that isn't designed to be realtime can make your
machine unusable.

Tony> (I know it's only soft real time without the requisite kernel,
Tony> but I would like to play anyway ;)

Tony> Thanks -- SLUG - Sydney Linux User's Group Mailing List -
Tony> http://slug.org.au/ Subscription info and FAQs:
Dr Peter Chubb  http://www.gelato.unsw.edu.au  peterc AT gelato.unsw.edu.au
http://www.ertos.nicta.com.au           ERTOS within National ICT Australia