I have a need to output a progress counter from a PHP script that takes a
while to run whilst writing a large number of records out to an SQL
database, mainly so that the user knows that things are still happening
and not hung.

It seems a simple thing to do, but when I try it, the progress counter
(say, every 100 records) instead of being output at the correct time, gets
delayed until the whole process has finished.

What is the best way to get around this problem.

--
Howard
LANNet Computing Associates <http://lannet.com.au>