On Fri, May 02, 2008 at 11:12:31PM +0200, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I hope that someone can help me.
>
> I have just installed Ubuntu 8.04 on my pc and can not get surround sound
> to work.
>
> I have created a file  .asoundrc and put it in my home folder but only my
> front two speakers work and the other speakers work when I boot in Windows
> XP.
>
> I have attached the file to this e-mail.
>
> My pc configuration is an Intel 2.66GHz Core 2 duo with 2GB RAM and a
> sound Blaster 2 Audigy with a 5.1 Speaker system.
>
> I hope that someone can help me as I have been searching on the net but no
> luck of finding a solution.
at a guess you are not mapping the 2 channel input to the 6 channel
output properly, ie alsa is getting 2 channel input and you have mapped
it to the 5.1 output but placed nothing on the other channels

I think dmix is what you are looking for

> Regards,
> Lee Isaacson

The universe is an island, surrounded by whatever it is that surrounds
universes.