Peter> Hi, How do I delete a mailman list (as far as being able to
Peter> send new messages to it goes) but leave the archive website up?

OK I've worked out a way, documented here so that others can use it.

basically three steps:
 -- copy the list of subscribers somewhere safe (in case you screw up)
 -- Unsubscribe everyone except yourself
 -- in the Privacy Options screen, say to discard messages from
    non-members.  (you could use `bounce' but the main reason I want to
    shut the lists down is the amount of spam v. real traffic)

This leave the archives up, but prevents new postings.

--
Dr Peter Chubb  http://www.gelato.unsw.edu.au  peterc AT gelato.unsw.edu.au
http://www.ertos.nicta.com.au           ERTOS within National ICT Australia