On Wed, 28 May 2008 12:29:55 +1000 (EST)
"Voytek Eymont" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> >> Xen virtual console successfully installed as ttyS0
> >>
> > This here is what might be a problem.
> > This says xen has taken over /dev/ttyS0 ( com1)
> > What external com port are you trying to use ?
> > Is it an actual serial port or a USB2serial ?
> > I had some trouble with some weather gear using a USB2serial.
>
> Mick,
> the single physical comm port, on the mainboard, com1
> how do I get rid of xen, (and, what it is?)
Xen is server virtualisation software.
If you don't know what it is then fair chance is you aren't using it.
During CentOS bootup grub should give you a choice of a xen kernel and a non
xen kernel.
If not you will need to install the non xen kernel. ( yum will help you here )

--
Regards
Mick Pollard ( lunix )