On Tue, Jun 03, 2008, Sonia Hamilton wrote:
> jam wrote:
>> First thanks to everyone who contributed to this interesting thread :-)
>
> Isn't it about time this <opinion> boring</opinion> thread went onto
> slug-chat?

There's probably additional boredom to be had in saying which bits of
it, but in terms of on-topicness:

 - details of how to compromise a Linux machine, how not to, and whether
   we know of it being done are probably on topic here, regardless of
   whether they're particularly interesting

 - the accreditation discussion is off-topic according to
   http://www.slug.org.au/mailinglists.html except for the minor
   side-thread about how it would affect FOSS development: "The main
   discussion list, slug@slug.org.au, is where all the discussion goes
   on.  Everything related to installing, maintaining, developing on
   Linux or Free/Open Source Software is on topic for this list..."

-Mary