Ben Donohue <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> I have a postfix email server with dovecot.  Someone I sent an email
> to with an attachment is getting the email every 15 minutes.
>
> I presume it's my mail server resending it as there was some error
> somewhere.  After Googling a bit I've run...

The error would need to be at the recipients end for that to happen,
which is possible.

> postfix flush

That shouldn't have any effect, save to send another copy of the email.

> I'm not a postfix guru so is there any other way to check if this has
> been stopped?

Well, the first thing to do is to find out what is actually happening,
and if you can actually do anything about it.

> Where can I look to see the queue?

As root, run 'mailq', which prints out the information.

> Any other tips?

Look in /var/log/maillog or /var/log/mail.log [1], find the records for
the mail in question, and work out /why/ it is being sent multiple
times.  (Assuming it is from your machine sending it several times.)

If you are not clear, post the entire detail for one sending attempt
here and we can advise.  Postfix tags each mail with a hex key, so you
can find all lines with the same key to track down all the stuff about a
single message.

(This is the same as the queue ID you see from mailq, also. :)

Regards,
        Daniel

Footnotes:
[1]  Which one is appropriate depends on your distribution.