In a bizzare sequence of events I found this stuff...

http://www.baycom.org/~tom/ham/soundmodem/

I was listening to some music from my collection and came accross a track
called "The Bullfrog" by "GTO" from a techno mix (Reactivate Volume 10
CD). In any case there's some audio in the track that sounds remarkably
like a Commodore 64 cassette data stream. There's a long stream at the end
or the track that's fairly clean (ie no other 'music'). I've always
wondered what it decodes to so I set about looking for stuff and
essentially I bumped into pages about packet radio and soundcards and
found the above driver. Windows/Sparc/Linux versions available.

The binary's for Fedora 4 so I'll have a go at compiling from source
tomorrow.. it's too late for me tonight.

Sounds like I could be up for a historical talk at SLUG ;-)

--
Electronic Hobbyist, Former Arcadia BBS nut, Occasional nudist, Linux

Some people actually read these things it seems.