Hi

I'm playing with bind attempting to set up a DNS server. Found a nice
how- to that walks through step by step.

Only problem is when I attempt to stop bind9, I get the following
message:

Stopping domain name service...: bindrndc: connection to remote host
closed
This may indicate that the remote server is using an older version of
the command protocol, this host is not authorized to connect, or the key
is invalid.
failed!

I'm setting this up on a vmware console running Etch purely for
education purposes. In other words I have no idea what I am doing - just
following instructions.

Incidentally, the instructions I am following are at the following
address:
http://linux.justinhartman.com/DNS_installation_and_setup_using_BIND9

Thanks in advance.
-
Regards

Phil

I Like to take on my problems one at a time,
but, they refuse to line up