2008/9/22 Jim Donovan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> Hi,
>
> I run a site with about 20MB of files and a finite amount of traffic.
> We've been using a $100/100MB plan with Smartyhost which gives us SSH access
> and a linux server.
>
> Unfortunately, smarty's service seems to be falling off. They keep trying to
> move us to a server which does not allow SSH logins. And they seem unable to
> keep our webstats running.

Thanks MYOB! [0]

> Can anyone suggest a better host which also allows SSH logins?

If you're looking for bargain basement hosting, I can recommend
Digital Pacific[1]. They have a bunch of basic plans[2] that would
probably suit your needs.

SSH access isn't on by default[3], but if you shoot them an email
they'll enable it for you.

Cheers,
Lindsay

DISCLAIMER: they are a client of mine, but I don't get paid commissions. :-)

[0] http://tinyurl.com/437yfj
[1] http://www.digitalpacific.com.au/
[2] http://www.digitalpacific.com.au/hosting/personal-web-hosting/
[3] http://tinyurl.com/4tsy7c