Ken Foskey wrote:
I installed a very large harddrive today and now everytime I boot I am
dropping to a kernel prompt.

I have figured out that I need to modprobe sata_via
    exit
It all boots OK but the modprobe takes a huge amount of time.

Is there a step that I have not done in setting this up?  Is there a
quick fix to stop it dropping to the command prompt?

Ta
Ken

There is a firmware bug at the moment with certain 1.5Tb and possibly 1Tb Seagate HDD's you might want to google around a bit and see if it applies to you. Although it sounds like you may be experiencing a different problem.