On Thu, Dec 04, 2008 at 01:20:12PM +1100, Marghanita da Cruz wrote:
> The telstra plans are here:
> <http://www.beeneverywhere.com.au/html/latest_offer.htm>
>
> and the rest:
> <http://virgin.com.au/Companies/VirginBroadband/VirginBroadband.aspx>
> <http://iprimus.com.au/PrimusWeb/HomeSolutions/Mobile+Broadband+%283G%29/>
> <http://vodafone.com.au/personal/mobilebroadband/mobile-broadband-terms.htm>

and 3:

http://www.three.com.au/cs/ContentServer?c=Page&pagename=Three%2FPage%2FBusinessVideoCallingTemplate&p=1156241342637&cid=1154931041257

PC Authority had a recent roundup here:

http://www.pcauthority.com.au/GroupTests/127633,mobile-broadband-the-big-roundup.aspx

and picked 3 as being the best value if you mainly needed urban coverage,
with Optus coming in second. AFAIK neither vodafone or 3 have capped plans
though. Optus has pretty ordinary reviews on whirlpool though.

Also be aware that if you have an ABN available you can get 'business'
accounts, which often have shared bandwidth limits, and cheaper overcap rates,
etc. (3's overcap rates are 1c/MB for biz, but 10c/MB for personal accounts,
for instance).

We're about to sign up with vodafone at $dayjob, as having better coverage
than 3, but still pretty good pricing. Vodafone may be a little slower, but
I mainly use it via ssh though, so don't much care about speed.

Cheers,
Gavin