<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> X-URL: http://www.rumble.net/

This one time, at band camp, Jake Anderson wrote:

> heh anybody know of VoIP software that will run on a 3G mobile?

Fring.  It works, but it's pretty damn flaky.  It does, however, allow
you to define arbitrary SIP endpoints to register with, which is
something I haven't found in any other SIP software for phones.

http://www.fring.com/

> For that matter can I get these data plans on the same sim as my
> standard mobile? IE have the standard voice calling stuff but in the
> same device have the ability to suck a few GB worth of data at a sane
> price.

In general no.  They want to segment you out of doing that.

There's definitely a business model available here where someone sells
you a mobile that has a landline phone number, which reverts to
(divert so you'd have to pay for incoming calls) a real mobile number
when out of 3G/802.11 range.

--
Rev Simon Rumble <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
www.rumble.net

The Tourist Engineer
Geeks need vacations too.
http://engineer.openguides.org/

"The PROPER way to handle HTML postings is to cancel the article,
 then hire a hitman to kill the poster, his wife and kids, and
 fuck his dog and smash his computer into little bits. Anything
 more is just extremism." - Paul Tomblin