Hi Blindraven,

I'd have to disagree with you there.

The device appears to have won a few awards (so
must do what it does well) but it doesn't do much
of what I want to do.

I can store more than 400hrs of telly on my
machine. I can watch DVDs and play CDs on it. I
can browse the web and download and store my telly
shows, web video and ripped DVDs and CDs directly
on the machine. I can also export the telly shows
I've saved and set recording times for regular
shows I like.

I can record two stations and watch a third using
just my TV or play a DVD or watch another show
I've already recorded.

This seems to do none of these things and only
some if you buy an internal HDD (says on the site
that you have to buy an internal HDD for some
functions). You'd have to have an external DVD/CD
player and you can't watch  television on
it...there's no tv aerial socket. Well *I* can't
watch or record telly with it.

Though it will network with other devices, you
have to buy the other devices first.

Also I can upgrade/downgrade the hardware of my
Mythbuntu device and the regular software upgrades
and improvements cost me nothing.

It also lists:

*  Cardea DRM (WMDRM-ND)

According to Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cardea_(DRM)

"Cardea is the codename for portable version of
Windows Media DRM for network devices, whose
marketing name is Windows Media DRM for Network
Devices (or in short form WMDRM-ND) introduced by
Microsoft. It is used for streaming protected
digital media across a network for immediate
playback."

I'm not certain that I need or want this.

It also tells me the sites it will allow me to
browse - I can choose what I want on the Mythbuntu
set up I have.

The cost is $AU457 (current exchange rate
including delivery).

In terms of features per dollar I think I'm ahead :))

Regards,

Patrick