Kelvin Nicholson wrote:
David:

I was noticing the exact same thing last night with my cache server. Double check DNS is ok on the cache server, and do an apt-get update on it.
 Don't know if this will help, but just a suggestion.

Thanks... Mark Knowles' suggestion to do:

unset LANG LANGUAGE

did the trick. I'm not sure what other effects it might have though. Any?