Gentlepeople,

I started a thread a couple of weeks ago on this subject.  Several
suggestions were that Ubuntu had a "make bootable thumbdrive" tool ready
to go.  I did (eventually) get around to this solution and I'm happy to
say that it "just worked" in setting up an eeebuntu bootable thumbdrive
utilising the eeebuntu iso file.

The tool appeared to be similar to the "unetbootin" tool but where that
_nearly_ made a bootable drive (it booted but would not execute any menu
choices), the ubuntu tool did the job correctly.

I haven't done any investigation as to the difference in end product (I
don't have two thumbdrives).

Regards

Kevin.