On Saturday 02 May 2009 10:00:04 slug-requ...@slug.org.au wrote:
> > Anyone know of (or how to find) an Ubuntu Gutsy Gibbon mirror?
> >
> > Yes, waaaaay old (at 2 years...), but I'm trying to maintain an old
> > machine that I don't want to upgrade. Gutsy has dropped out of the
> > Ubuntu mirrors, and googling on "Ubuntu Gutsy mirror" etc isn't
> > getting me far...
>
> Everything back to Warty is available from:
>
>     http://old-releases.ubuntu.com/releases/

All the attempts at good advice are naive :-)

I have embedded systems in the middle of the ocean with no internet and for
years they *just work* and I don't need, want, or dare upgrade. (pulse audio
on newer versions screws the audio)

My customer wants to add extra usb-serial ports: easy install gutsy, build-
essential, qt3 and the slug chat about gutsy solves everything - NOT

head /etc/apt/sources.list
deb http://old-releases.ununtu.com/ubuntu gutsy main restricted universe
multiverse
deb http://old-releases.ununtu.com/releases gutsy main restricted universe
multiverse

And
[snip]
Err http://old-releases.ununtu.com gutsy/main Packages
  Sub-process bzip2 returned an error code (2)
Get:14 http://old-releases.ununtu.com gutsy/restricted Packages
bzip2: (stdin) is not a bzip2 file.
[snip]

And

[snip]
Failed to fetch http://old-releases.ununtu.com/ubuntu/dists/gutsy/main/binary-
amd64/Packages.bz2  Sub-process bzip2 returned an error code (2)
[snip]

And

W: GPG error: http://old-releases.ununtu.com gutsy Release: The following
signatures were invalid: NODATA 1 NODATA 2

Can anybody show me the way out of the mire?
Thanks
James