bill wrote:
This AM drove to Alexandria and visited Allans Music ( waste of time) and had intended to visit Harris Technology (gone) which used to be next door.

On way home I spied a small computer shop (also in Alexandria) which happened to have a BenQ E2400WD in stock, unopened. Pric quoted was $345, $85 and $200 cheaper than local shops, so I took it on the spot.

Came home and plugged it in to my KVM switch via VGA and both PCs ( Kubuntu 8.10 and Xbuntu 7.10) found it immediately at the correct resolution of 1920 x 1200 - plus he Monitor is 16:9 and 1080p.

I'm a happy camper, especially at that price.

Thanks to all who replied to my original post.

Bill
Nice work. I bought a pair of Benq E2400WDs and am very happy with mine (the Mrs got the other one).
Actually its a 16:10 ratio.

Happy viewing.
D.

--
"Never ascribe to malice that which may adequately be explained by
incompetence." - Napoleon Bonaparte