Sridhar Dhanapalan wrote:
Yes, it's a slight derivation of the script we used at LCA2007, which
uses ffmpeg2theora. It's worked well for us so far. If there's a
problem, I suspect it's with the installed copy of ffmpeg2theora.

There are a couple of other possible causes:

*as Martin suggested disk isn't keeping up (in the capture - assuming DVGRAB).
Though my experience of capture (Kino/DVGRAB)  is the computer display
has/should
have lower  priority - so, I have to track the capture on the camcorder display

*I noticed the files on the server are quite large. I've had problems playing
high quality video and suggest reducing the quality to "broadband 320x240"
(audio, which is the important bit, is still good). This may also help at the
server end.

Varying the quality is an output preference in Kino/ffmpegtheora but I don't
know
the parameters would be if you are using raw ffmpegtheora.

Marghanita