On Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 07:08:43PM +1000, Amos Shapira wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Does anyone here has experience sending servers (e.g. Dell PowerEdge
> 860 rack-mounted) TO the US?
>
> I'm going to visit our office overseas soon and we were wondering how
> much would it cost (tax-wise) to just pack a couple of them as a
> checked-in luggage.
>
> The sale closes soon so I need a quick answer.

I'd be surprised if the cost and hassle of exporting + buying here
exceeds the cost of just buying one there.  Also, what about e.g. warranty?
Sometimes they care where you bought it.

I brought a simeple 3 year old desktop from Europe into Aus when I moved
back here some time ago and (from memory) had to pay sales tax on it!
Bloody stupid.

BTW, more of a question for slug-chat.

Matt