Hi.

I hope there are people on this list with routing expertise.
My routing knowledge is limited.

Here's the problem.

I have set up a ubuntu box that acts as a VPN server.
It has pptpd running.
The VPN server has one ethernet i/f, eth0, its running ubuntu 9.04 server.

The VPN is running on an 192.168.0.0 network and gives out ip addresses in the range of 192.168.101.200-245

I have the ADSL router on the 192.168.0.0 network portforwarding port 1723 to the VPN box, which has ip of 192.168.0.14 It also has a static route that routes any traffic with destination of 192.168.101.0 network to the VPN server....

I can connect to the box from externally on the internet with an XP client.
The XP client is successfully given an IP address of 192.168.101.200.

The XP client has its gateway set to that of the remote network, so the VPN servers network gateway, which is, not surprisingly, 192.168.0.1 It can successfully ping the vpn box (192.168.0.14) but cannot get out on the internet throught the VPN.

When the connection is initiated a route is added to the VPN box for the 192.168.101.200 address, so that everything for that address goes out on ppp0. Similarly when the ppp0 interface is brought down the route is removed.

This is one way I have tried to solve the VPN problem.

However, I could also remove the static route from the ADSL router, give the machines that need to be accessed additional ip addresses in the 192.168.101.0 range and setup routes on the VPN server to cope with that, however I have not been able to get that working either...

Can anyone help me with this...

That would be cool.

Thanks in advance.

Luke Vanderfluit.