I recently purchased a SATA Terabyte HDD and am having problems with various PCs not being able to even boot the Bios past discovering this HDD.

I'm assuming that the mobos are too old to have Bios's that can handle Terabyte HDDS.

My newest PC has an Intel Atom mobo and I have had success with this PC. However, the mobo has only 2 SATA connectors, 1 being used for my DVDRW and the other for the boot HDD.

I formatted the terabyte HDD by substituting it for the boot hdd and using a LiveCD.

This PC has a PCI SATA card, but the terrabyte hdd wont work with it, though a 320 gb SATA hdd will.

All of the mobos in question have the latest Bios ( at least 3 yrs old except for Atom mobo)

Question:-

what is the command to determine the type of card and its bios revision? When I have this info I can try to find a bios update.

Final solution is to get a more up-to-date SATA card.

Google hasnt helped.

Thanks

Bill