In the "old days" when I used Win XP I had a gui tool that showed all incoming/outgoing network/web activity by port and IP address, and it was useful for determining "off-site" activity etc when browsing the Web.

Can't remember the program's name.

The nearest that I have found for Linux is tnv (http://tnv.sourceforge.net/) which was last updated in 2007 and is a java prg which wont accept my IP No. for my home-networked PC ( I may be doing something wrong - probably am).

I am using Ubuntu - various distros and derivatives.

Can anybody advise me of any current GUI prgs/apps/utilities that provide output similar to the above?

Thanks.