Kevin Shackleton <kev...@reachnet.com.au> writes:

> You explain quite excitingly what happens when your headers don't match your
> kernel.  I've never actually studied what the any-any script does - perhaps
> you have an equally interesting summary of that?

Heh.  That is a "patch" — a collection of changes to move a set of files from
one version to another.  All it does is aim to make the VMWare module
wrappers, which are what is compiled, work with newer versions of Linux.

Specifically, it contains changes to adapt the VMWare supplied code to the
source version of the binary structure layout changes (and so forth) that I
mentioned in the previous post.

        Daniel

--
✣ Daniel Pittman            ✉ dan...@rimspace.net            ☎ +61 401 155 707
   Looking for work?  Love Perl?  In Melbourne, Australia?  We are hiring.