Hi all,

I will soon be replacing a Windows 2003 server in a small business with some
Linux variant. Traditionally I have used Debian or Centos, I have been wary of
using Ubuntu (whether justified or not, I was not confident with it on a
server).

Im now slowly being won over with others telling me how successful their ubuntu
server installs have been, so now Im considering using ubuntu server edition.

My question is ...... the next LTS version is 10.04, but my deployment will
likely be in January. What do people think the best course of action is?
install 9.04 and upgrade, install last LTS (I think 8.10 ??) and upgrade,
install last LTS and dont upgrade or go my traditional route and use Centos or
Debian.
I really hope this does not become a distro flame war, its really not intended
(or wanted), just some idea's and hopefully experience. Unless people have
specific reasons they would not use Ubuntu on a server, I am more interested in
hearing thoughts on the Ubuntu upgrade path rather than using a different
distro (unless of course it is justified, not just distro preference).

Thanks

Tuxta