Henare Degan wrote:
On Tue, Jan 19, 2010 at 01:34, Heracles <herac...@iprimus.com.au> wrote:
Hi All,
I have a friend's HDD which has a Slackware server install. It is
essential that It stay intact but I need to clone it to another drive.
On the original drive the installer fixed the partition at 4 GB but I
wish to let it have a bit more space - say 20 GB.
Do I need to use dd or is there a simple gui way. I need to copy ALL the
files across.

Thanks
Heracles

I think you want Clonezilla: http://clonezilla.org/

Cheers,

Henare
personally I would use DD to copy then gparted to expand, but I believe that gparted can do the whole copy and resize thing these days in a nice pointy + clicky way.

gparted livecd is ~140mb last I looked I think.
I usually boot an ubuntu livecd and then install gparted onto the live image.