Hi folks,
   I've recently acquired a bluetooth headset capable of a2dp
   streaming.  After a lot of mucking around I've managed to get it
   sort-of working with mplayer.  But I can't wwork out how to adjust
   the volume.

   I do
     mplayer -ao alsa:device=bluetooth file.ogg
   and I get sound from the headset.  But alsamixer doesn't see the
   mixer, and it's too loud.  Mplayer's volume control says it has
   changed the volume, but it doesn't seem to make a difference ---
   even when mplayer reports 0% there's still lots of volume.

   And
       cat /proc/asound/devices
  shows only the on-board Intel sound card, not bluetooth.

Any ideas?

--
Dr Peter Chubb                                  peter DOT chubb AT nicta.com.au
http://www.ertos.nicta.com.au               ERTOS within National ICT Australia