> Yes it has a chance to work if you copy all the dependencies.
> You should also be able to copy the entire library to a separate
> directory, e.g. /home/rt/ and prepend it to perl's search path and so
> avoid messing the entire systems' perl module install.
> If you run RT under apache then pay attention to the various mod_perl
> path config options. It might be a little tricky to set it early
> enough to take effect (this might be only relevant for .so loading,
> I'm not sure).
> Some questions for you:
> 1. Which distro is it?

CentOS 5.4 and yes, I have followed the recipe.  Strangely, on this
install, things haven't gone well....

> 2. Have you looked for distro packages for RT?

Yes but they are older than I want/need i.e. they are out of date.

> 3. Are you using CPANPLUS? It has yum/apt like package dependancy
> resolution. (although not perfect).

Not sure, will have a look in an hour or so.  Vaguely I seem to recall
using this in the distant past to solve a similar problem.

> 4. RT is supported by a large community and a company (best practical,
> I think), have you looked around its dedicated support sites?

Am aware of these sites and have visited them.

> Good luck,

Ta!! :>)

Rick