Hi

On Mon, March 1, 2010 11:42 am, david wrote:
> Does anyone know of a company that does Linux based video security
> systems?
> I'm talking about the installation of camera and network hardware that
> will talk to Linux software - not just the software itself.

Do you mean Linux in an IP camera or the in the DVR connected to an analog
camera?

Anyhow have a look here:
http://www.skyview.com.tw/home.html
This mob makes Linux based 4-16 Ch DVR Cards
They sell in Aust at: http://www.ozspy.com.au/cart/products.asp?ID=392

I am also looking at a video system for farm monitoring. My system needs
wireless.
 I have not yet decided to go for either:
- analog video -> wireless Tx ~~~~> wireless Rx -> DVR -> Linux box -> modem or
- IP camera -> WAP ~~~~~> WAP -> Linux box -> modem

Someone mentioned Mobotix. They look great but I got a price on a M24 last week.
They are about $2000 in Aust and then add the lens of your  choosing for $165.
Non IP camera are 100's of dollars and not 1000's.

Mike

UTS CRICOS Provider Code:  00099F
read, use, disseminate, distribute or copy this message or attachments.  If
you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately
and delete this message. Any views expressed in this message are those of the
individual sender, except where the sender expressly, and with authority,
states them to be the views of the University of Technology Sydney. Before
opening any attachments, please check them for viruses and defects.

Think. Green. Do.