On Mon, 2010-05-17 at 13:07 +1000, Jim Donovan wrote:
> Not directly apropos the recent emails, but did you know that there
> are websites offering on-line MYOB, apparently with the data all held
> on the web host. I'm under pressure to move a community group's
> financial records from a system based on local ascii files to a
> package online MYOB. Would that be even worse than local MYOB?

The thing you have to consider is the security of your data.  Publishing
to the world that your club has $40,000 in the bank could be a major
problem.

There are a number of alternatives,  gnucash has a windows client and is
very extensible for reporting purposes.   It comes up complicated but
has nice OFX import features which makes book keeping really easy.  It
also has fuzzy matching same as spam which means that it will do the
right thing more easily once set up.

Ta
Ken