On Mon, Jun 14, 2010 at 06:14:15PM +1000, Gerald C.Catling wrote:
> I was wondering if any of you Guru's could suggest a method of getting any
> remaing data from the LVM drives, that is drive 2 and 3, that are left.
> I have tried rebuilding the set, wg0, but the system want to reformat the
> drive wg0, just created. Is this formatting going to format the real drives
> and rather that just the LVM component?

Before doing anything else, take a backup of the contents of the drives.
Work on the backup if possible - e.g. buy a 1.5T external drive and copy
the data before touching anything.

LVM can bring up a volume group with one or more devices missing if it
knows the existing allocation of Physical Extents. Ext2/Ext3 keeps
copies of superblocks at various places within the filesystem so it
is possible to recover a corrupted superblock, which may help you to
obtain data from the remaining good disks.

Nick.
--
PGP Key ID = 0x418487E7                      http://www.nick-andrew.net/
PGP Key fingerprint = B3ED 6894 8E49 1770 C24A  67E3 6266 6EB9 4184 87E7