I've had a good experience with an Asus and openwrt. It was only wireless g cos
was a while back but I'm sure there's n solutions the same. I just went to
wikipedia looked up openwrt and looked up asus routers and got a compatible
one, most info was literally on wikipedia. Other options are gargoyle, tomato
firmware and (closed source) ddwrt.

Sent from my iPhone... don't buy an iPhone.