Max Wright <maxwrigh...@gmail.com> writes:

> Has anyone implemented any of the high I/O filesystems which have been added
> to the kernel?

Well, we use XFS widely because the performance is enormously better than
ext3, and they have worked hard to redress the few metadata heavy workloads
that they used to perform poorly at.

> We have some busy databases which put ext3 under stress, I am wondering
> about Oracle's fs for instance.

That would be a universe more experimental than /I/ would be comfortable with
in production at this point in time.  (Assuming you mean btrfs rather than
luster or one of their other cluster file systems. ;)

Regards,
        Daniel
--
✣ Daniel Pittman            ✉ dan...@rimspace.net            ☎ +61 401 155 707