I'd suggest something like XenServer (if you use Windows by day).
It is very simple to use and manage which is handy when it's just a hobby
type approach and it saves having to worry about installing and managing an
OS and then the hypervisor like KVM, plus their GUI tools are great (again,
*if* you use Windows at any point).

You could turn your existing servers into a hardware pool too, irrespective
of the platform you end up using.