Plugging a non-POE switch into a POE switch will work fine - but not
forward on any "power". In simple terms, a POE switch will test,
through various means, whether it is safe to apply the 48V power to
the device that is connecting to it.

So your non-POE switch will not receive any useful power from the POE
switch as it won't meet those prerequisites. It also does not have
capability to pass on  "power" to devices down stream. (Obviously all
Ethernet devices need to provide power when they transmit, but only at
signal levels, not able to power devices in the POE sense.)
Regards, Martin

martinvisse...@gmail.com