I am very frustrated.

I have installed solr Jetty on Ubuntu and when it starts in jetty with
'java -jar start.jar   it responds and has a solr directory.  Does not
work cleanly because it cannot find javac.

I want this to autostart,   '/etc/init.d/jetty start'   issued.    It
starts on port 8080 and it is accessible because I get NOTFOUND.    No
nice Jetty page.

HTTP ERROR: 404
Problem accessing /. Reason:

NOT_FOUND