On 7 June 2011 12:47, Simon Rumble <si...@rumble.net> wrote:
> On 7 June 2011 12:39, Nick Andrew <n...@nick-andrew.net> wrote:
>
>> I guess it just means the firewall is blocking incoming ipv6 traffic.
>> The firewall allowed your outbound packet through, but not the inbound
>> response.
>>

> Yeah that's right.  But not how it should work, according to what I've been
> reading.

You need a rule to allow packages for existing connections in -
something like this:

$IPT6 -A INPUT -i $PUB_IF -m state --state RELATED,ESTABLISHED -j ACCEPT

I'm not sure if you need any special setup to tell to the kernel that
connections should be tracked for v6 as well.

I'm not familiar with ufw so I'm not sure how it's called there.