On Wednesday 08 June 2011 11:05:13 Michael Chesterton wrote:
> The trouble with that approach is the backup doesn't contain the mount
> points for the excluded file systems. So when you restore, you have to
> create the mount points manually.

If that is a problem, the command can be modified to limit the exclusion to
files below the mount point. For my part creating the mount points manually, on
the hopefully limited occasions you need to restore, is not such a chore that
I would bother making that change.

Of course there are some mount points you would not want to restore (temporary
mount points created by an auto-mounter, for instance).

Regards,
Troy Rollo
Solicitor
Parry Carroll
Commercial Lawyers
Direct: (02) 8257 3177
Fax: (02) 9221 1375
Switch: (02) 9221 3899
E-mail: t...@parrycarroll.com.au
Web: www.parrycarroll.com.au

Liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards
Legislation

This message and any attachments are confidential to Parry Carroll. If you
have received it my mistake, please let us know by reply and then delete it
from your system. You must not copy the message, alter it or disclose its
contents to anyone. Thank you.