I reckon I'm dumb enough to called newbie still, and I play with both Ubuntu and CentOS.

Ubuntu is as near to Redmond without being Windows as you can get I reckon. Even though, it's built on Debian isn't it? And CentOS makes for a great server.

Wouldn't be keen to try Fedora anymore, but what's OpenSUSE like? I've not looked at that yet

Kind Regards

Kyle